Sunday, November 9, 2008

Shirtless In November!

Talk about hot! (no not me!!) Hey, at least
I kept my pants on!


Well, the weather certainly did deliver! It was hot! My clothes were too warm! (at least for the first half of the trip) I don't normally paddle with my shirt off, but I had no choice. I didn't have a t-shirt or anything light, so it was either sweat profusely, or just take it off. I have to say, it was a first, - for November. And of course, the weather also promised rain, which it certainly delivered - lots of it! (memories of the summer) The trip itself was filled with surprises and many interesting twists - many which could have gone the wrong way. I'm just glad to be home safe and sound. Here's a hint: Just imagine what you can get yourself into when you miss a portage that bypasses a long canyon filled with falls, chutes, and rapids. Trust me!, I know!
Time to get writing!
D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pic, David!